GST India Forum – Goods and Services Tax (GST) in India › Forums › Article › Burden of GST liability
- CA RISHABH PATWARIParticipantApril 17, 2017 at 11:29 AMPost count: 4Topics: 4
Been thanked: 1 time
CA tips : GST (One nation one Tax)
Who shall be liable to pay tax under GST regime?
For simple understanding spplies can be classified in following four categories.
1. Registered person sold supply to another registerd person : GST shall be payable by the seller registered person (supplier)
2. Registered person sold supply to unregistered person : GST shall be payable by seller registered person (Supplier)
3. Unregistered person sold supply to registered person : in this case buyer registered person (receiver) shall pay tax ( this case is covered under reverse charge)
4. Unregistered person sold supply to another unregistered person : No tax liability
Hence now Registered person will be more interested to sell/ buy supply from another registered person only, this is because if he deals with unregistered person then burden of GST liability shall shift on him.
Hence it not so happy situation for Unregistered Dealers once GST is implemented.
Attachments:Sunil SmoParticipantJune 16, 2017 at 6:00 PMPost count: 13Topics: 0
Been thanked: 3 times
GST liability is the amount which is to be paid to government and is the difference between input and output GST. For example
For a purchase of Rs. 80,000/- and a sale of Rs. 1,00,000/- with CGST is 10% and SGCT is 8% than the GST payable is Rs. 3600/-
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.