GST India Forum – Goods and Services Tax | Place for Experts › Forums › Bare Law › Section 25- Amendment of registration
- Madrecha and CoParticipantDecember 17, 2016 at 1:00 PMPost count: 202Topics: 202
Been thanked: 0 times
(1) Every registered taxable person and a person to whom a unique identity number has been assigned shall inform the proper officer of any changes in the information furnished at the time of registration, or that furnished subsequently, in the manner and within such period as may be prescribed.
(2) The proper officer may, on the basis of information furnished under sub-section (1) or as ascertained by him, approve or reject amendments in the registration particulars in the manner and within such period as may be prescribed:
PROVIDED that approval of the proper officer shall not be required in respect of amendment of such particulars as may be prescribed.
(3) The proper officer shall not reject the request for amendment in the registration particulars without giving a notice to show cause and without giving the person a reasonable opportunity of being heard.
(4) Any rejection or, as the case may be, approval of amendments under the CGST Act/SGST Act shall be deemed to be a rejection or approval of amendments under the SGST Act/CGST Act.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.