GST India Forum – Goods and Services Tax | Place for Experts › Forums › Bare Law › Section 166- Migration of existing taxpayers to GST
- Madrecha and CoParticipantDecember 17, 2016 at 5:56 PMPost count: 202Topics: 202
Been thanked: 0 times
(1) On the appointed day, every person registered under any of the earlier laws and having a valid PAN shall be issued a certificate of registration on a provisional basis in such form and manner as may be prescribed.
(2) The certificate of registration issued under sub-section (1) shall be valid for a period of six months from the date of its issue:
PROVIDED that the said validity period may be extended for such further period as the Central/State Government may, on the recommendation of the Council, notify.
(3) Every person to whom a certificate of registration has been issued under subsection (1) shall, within the period specified under sub-section (2), furnish such information as may be prescribed.
(4) On furnishing of such information, the certificate of registration issued under subsection (1) shall, subject to the provisions of section 23, be granted on a final basis by the Central/State Government.
(5) The certificate of registration issued to a person under sub-section (1) may be cancelled if such person fails to furnish, within the time specified under subsection (2), the information prescribed under sub-section (3).
(6) The certificate of registration issued to a person under sub-section (1) shall be deemed to have not been issued if the said registration is cancelled in pursuance of an application filed by such person that he was not liable to registration under section 23.
(7) A person to whom a certificate of registration has been issued on a provisional basis and who is eligible to pay tax under section 9, may opt to do so within such time and in such manner as may be prescribed:
PROVIDED that where the said person does not opt to pay tax under section 9 within the time prescribed in this behalf, he shall be liable to pay tax under section 8.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.